Brothers and Sisters, The Studio Museum in Harlem, New York, March 28-June 30, 2013
With Beauford Delaney, Herbert Gentry, Sam Gilliam, Glenn Ligon, Al Loving, Richard Mayhew, Julie Mehretu, Kori Newkirk, Alma Thomas and Jack Whitten.
The Order of Things, NurtureArt, Brooklyn, January 4-February 1, 2013
With Lisha Bai, Leah Beeferman, Ethan Greenbaum, Elisa Lendvay, Demetrius Oliver, Allyson Vieira and Joe Winter
1. Comic Relief: On Art,Film and Television (lecture), Center for Experimental Lectures, organized by REH Gordon, MoMA PS1, November 18, 2012
2. Primary, Nudashank, Baltimore, August 17-September 14, 2012
With Katie Bell, Tatiana Berg, Susan Bricker, Stacy Fisher, Amanda B. Friedman, Joanne Greenbaum, Fabienne Lasserre, Lauren Luloff, Clare Grill, and Elisa Soliven.
3. Dirty Looks: On Location, Various locations in New York, July 1-July 31, 2012
full schedule here
My screening selections include works by Marlon Riggs, Cheryl Dunye and Joan Braderman.
4.Queens International 2012, Queens Museum of Art, New York, co-organized with Larissa Harris and Manuela Moscoso, February-May 2012
Artists: Tatiana Berg, Becket Bowes, Matthew Buckingham, Alejandro Cesarco, Karen Y. Chan, Sam Clagnaz, Gintaras Didžiapetris, Sharona Eliassaf, Jesse A. Greenberg, Scott Grodesky, Angelina Gualdoni, Mikhail Gubin, Scott Hug, David Kearns, Dieter Kuhn, Eleen Lin, Robert Lobe, Rachel Mason, Angel Otero, Eric Palgon, Claudia Peña Salinas, Carmelle Safdie, William Santen, Adam Shecter, Trevor Shimizu, Teng Chao-Ming, Scott Verhagen, Allyson Vieira, Palden Weinreb, Joe Winter, and Brian Zegeer
5. NO TREND, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, November 7-November 21, 2011
6. Repeating Forms (video lecture), Peer One, organized by Kari Altmann, Walters Museum of Art, Baltimore
7. NOT THE WAY YOU REMEMBERED, Queens Museum of Art, New York, April 10-August 14, 2011
artists: Taylor Baldwin, Clifford Borress, Barb Choit, Brendan Fowler, Ted Gahl, Rashawn Griffin, Faten Kanaan, Zak Kitnick, Jason Lazarus, Lauren Luloff, Dave Murray, Amanda Ross-Ho, Jean Shin, Agathe Snow, Hayley Silverman, and Bryan Zanisnik
8. After Image, School 33 Art Center, Baltimore, January 29-March 27, 2010
artists: Lucas and Jason Ajemian, Alessandro Bosetti,Patrick Cadenhead, Keren Cytter,Caitlin Denny,Nicolas Djandji,Joseph Ernst, Claire L. Evans, Martijn Hendriks, Gareth Long, Matt Lipps,Rashaad Newsome, Alee Peoples, Kristine Thompson, and Wu Ingrid Tsang.
9. Funny Games, LOF, Baltimore, October 16-November 6, 2009
10. Altered States, LOF, Baltimore, April 5, 2009
artists: Delia & Gavin; EMR (Extreme Mature Respect: Math Bass & Dylan Mira); Forcefield (Matt Brinkman, Jim Drain, Leif Goldberg, Ara Peterson); Lexie Mountain Boys (Samantha Garner, Amy Harmon, Lexie Macchi, Katherine St. Paul-Hill, Amy Waller); Zeljko McMullen & Severiano Martinez; Sarah Milinski & Caitlin Williams; The New Jedi Order; Jimmy Joe Roche; and Erin Womack
11. Agenda: Queering Popular Media, Current Gallery, Baltimore, November 14-December 10, 2008
Artists: Rahne Alexander, Owen Brightman, Alan Calpe, Dynasty Handbag, Edie Fake, Michael Farley, Kristen Galvin, K8 Hardy & Wynne Greenwood, Gabriel Held, Michael Lent, Sarah McKiel, Rebecca Nagle, PILOT TV, Benny Nemerofsky Ramsay, Liz Rosenfeld, Mariadele Rossoni, Xavier Schipani, Christopher Schulz, Emily Shinada, Hayley Silverman, Jeffrey Augustine Songco, Ryan Trecartin, Victor Van Bramer, Lex Young, and Latham Zearfoss.
Supplemental screenings featured work by Jennie Livingstone (Paris is Burning, 1987), Dylan Mira & Latham Zearfoss (PILOT TV documentary), Tom Rubnitz (Sexy, Wiggy, Desserty 1983-1992, courtesy of Video Data Bank), and Ryan Trecartin (I-BE AREA, 2007, courtesy of the artist & Elizabeth Dee Gallery, NYC)
12. Imaginary Landscape: Approaches to Sound, Texas, Chicago